New Leuva Patidar Samaj Bolton (New LPS)
Total members: 335
New LPS Bolton was set up in the summer of 2018 and was recognised as the official Samaj to represent Bolton by LPSUK in November 2019.
We are a new organisation aiming to promote and support charitable activities both within our own Hindu community and working with organisations locally and nationally to unite the youth of the future. The New LPS of Bolton was formed over 3 years ago to support and foster a community spirit amongst our members. We now have 343 members living in Bolton and originating from the many different districts of the state of Gujarat, India.
We feel proud to be part of a journey that our forefathers started and continue to build upon the foundations and pillars of what they taught us not only as a community but as Hindus. Our vision and mission is to have a Samaj that is recognised for supporting the members with religious and cultural interaction. Also helping the youth to have the best understanding of our Samaj and Hinduism. We are committed to build relationships and community alliances to help all ages with everything from giving support, being charitable, help with education, increasing life skills and valuing Hindu traditions/culture.
- Promote Hindu religion and culture amongst our own LPS members and also to the wider community.
- To support and encourage the younger generation in the community in relation to education and career development.
- Organise social, cultural, educational and sporting activities for our members.
- To support and promote charitable activities both within our community and to assist other organisations outside of our own community.
- To affiliate and represent with other similar organisations in the UK and elsewhere to support multi cultural events.
Since 2018 to date, we have organised the following events/projects:
- Diwali, a time for all our members to come together and celebrate the festival of light and bring in the New Year.
- Navratri, worshiping the 9 avatars of the goddess Durga, through prayer, puja, music and dance.
- Cruise in 2019 for 50 people, which included members from other Samaj’s, an opportunity for all holiday makers to interact with existing friends and to make new friends too.
- Ladies night events for both members and non members. Where the ladies can interact have fun playing games and dancing the night away.
- Silver Sunday events for the elderly members of our community, where our members enjoy quality time with their peers and enjoy wonderful food and drink. We also involve their families for Diwali and Easter celebrations. Activities including Rangoli patterns and Easter Egg designs. These events have also evolved into “Silver Sunday on Tour” where we take our members on an excursion to venture out and gain some fresh air and gentle exercise whilst sight seeing and enjoying each others company.
- Participation in the 2019 Sports Mela. We presented a number of teams in a wide range of sports and had a team of volunteers to help run the even. We are proud of our Senior football team who have won the tournament 3 years in a row.
- Sports – we have been active in holding sports clubs in volleyball and netball and in the near future are looking to expand on our range of sports. Watch this space! We encourage all our members of all ages and fitness to engage in physical activity for a better quality of life, with health and social benefits too.
All current activities have been suspended or cancelled until further notice due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We will review all our projects once we can assure safety for all our members to be able to participate.
Address: 78 Old Vicarage, Westhoughton, Bolton BL5 2EL
Name: Chhotu Patel
Name: Ranjan Patel
Other Key Members:
Name: Kamini Patel, Vice President